[midPoint] Org. Approver and Approver Role

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue Sep 26 18:37:24 CEST 2017

Oh yes. Now I understand better.

First of all, it is strongly advisable to define approvers for a
role/org *not* via approverRef item on a role/org, but via an assignment
from the user (the approver) to the role/org, with a relation of
org:approver. Although basic approval functionality would probably work
with the old way of specifying approvals, not all features would be
available.

Back to your question, it could be possible to write a mapping that
would take all assignments of a user, determine if there's any
assignment with org:approver as a relation, and if so, add an assignment
to Approver role. (Maybe the examination of all assignments could be in
the condition for such a mapping.)

I haven't tried that myself. But it might work.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com