[midPoint] Approval processes in Segregation of Duties

Martin Lízner - AMI Praha a.s. martin.lizner at ami.cz
Wed Sep 6 19:59:31 CEST 2017

This is how we (successfully) use SoD rules in mp 3.6 in production:

*Global policy rule in system configuration:*
- Approvers are all users in SoD Approvers organization

<globalPolicyRule>
<name>Segregation of Duties (SoD) approval</name>
<policyConstraints>
<situation>
<situation>
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/policy/situation#exclusionViolation
</situation>
</situation>
</policyConstraints>
<policyActions>
<approval>
<compositionStrategy>
<order>30</order>
</compositionStrategy>
<approvalSchema>
<level>
<name>SoD</name>
<approverRef type="OrgType">
<filter>
<q:equal>
<q:path>name</q:path>
<q:value>SoD Approvers</q:value>
</q:equal>
</filter>
<resolutionTime>run</resolutionTime>
</approverRef>
<evaluationStrategy>firstDecides</evaluationStrategy>
<outcomeIfNoApprovers>reject</outcomeIfNoApprovers>
<groupExpansion>onWorkItemCreation</groupExpansion>
</level>
</approvalSchema>
</approval>
</policyActions>
<focusSelector>
<type>UserType</type>
</focusSelector>
<targetSelector>
<type>RoleType</type> <!-- no need to filter on roleType, as each role has
to have SoD defined -->
</targetSelector>
</globalPolicyRule>

Then each role (lets say RoleA, RoleB) has to have mutual exclusivity:

*RoleA contains:*
<assignment id="1">
<policyRule>
<policyConstraints>
<exclusion>
<targetRef type="c:RoleType">
<filter>
<q:equal>
<q:path>c:name</q:path>
<q:value>RoleB</q:value>
</q:equal>
</filter>
</targetRef>
</exclusion>
</policyConstraints>
<policyActions>
</policyActions>
</policyRule>
</assignment>

*RoleB contains:*
<assignment id="1">
<policyRule>
<policyConstraints>
<exclusion>
<targetRef type="c:RoleType">
<filter>
<q:equal>
<q:path>c:name</q:path>
<q:value>RoleA</q:value>
</q:equal>
</filter>
</targetRef>
</exclusion>
</policyConstraints>
<policyActions>
</policyActions>
</policyRule>
</assignment>

To see your SoD rules at work you need to use shoppping cart (Request role
menu).

M.

Martin Lízner
solution architect

gsm: [+420] 737 745 571
e-mail: martin.lizner at ami.cz

AMI Praha a.s.
Pláničkova 11
162 00 Praha 6
tel.: [+420] 274 783 239
web: www.ami.cz

[image: AMI Praha a.s.] <http://www.skyidentity.com/>

Textem tohoto e-mailu podepisující neslibuje uzavřít ani neuzavírá za
společnost AMI Praha a.s.
jakoukoliv smlouvu. Každá smlouva, pokud bude uzavřena, musí mít výhradně
písemnou formu.