[midPoint] midPoint users' local passwords become undefined after a while

Ramón Cahenzli ramon.cahenzli at zhdk.ch
Wed Oct 11 09:54:24 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I have midPoint 3.6 on a development VM. There are two users,
"administrator" with the default password and "rca" with his own
password. Both have the superuser role and passwords don't expire. The
users work fine for a while, I can log in, back out, back in again etc.
I can restart Tomcat and reboot the VM, everything continues working.

However, when I switch off my VM for a month or so and then start it
again, both users are unable to log in. I get the error:

"User doesn't have defined password."

in the web interface.

I had this issue twice now, and I don't know where I could look for a
solution. These accounts shouldn't simply expire, should they? And if
they do expire, wouldn't "doesn't have defined password" be the wrong
error?

I can still see the users in the database in the m_user table. So far I
had to nuke my midPoint DB every time to be able to log back in again,
but I'm sure there must be a real solution. Thanks for any hints.

Cheers,

Ramon