[midPoint] MP 3.5 workflouw auto-refuse

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon Mar 27 09:44:15 CEST 2017

Hello Oskar,

I am not sure how to do this. If you throw an exception in
approverExpression, then the whole operation fails, a red box will be
shown, and no notifications will be sent.

You could play with ItemApproval BPMN process, maybe, replacing the
original version using an overlay.

Or, you could change
com.evolveum.midpoint.wf.impl.processes.itemApproval.InitializeLoopThroughApproversInLevel
and/or SummarizeDecisionsInLevel to cover the situation when there are
no approvers. But be careful, because it's not easy to distinguish
between a situation when the item is automatically approved (using an
expression) and when there are really no approvers found.

Overall, in 3.5 this is not easily done. This hacking could work, but
3.6 is much more flexible in this respect.

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com