[midPoint] API Call or Bulk Action to Add Projection on resource for Many Users

Peter Healy phealy3330 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 21:40:30 CET 2017

Hi All,
I recently added a new OpenLDAP resource to my midpoint installation and
would like to deploy a projection for all my existing users.

Doing this in the Web UI is really easy, If I click add project and leave
everything blank this works successfully for OpenLDAP resources since
Midpoint computes a Distinguished Name and uid for the user and maps
everything OK.

But, I'd like a way to script this with an XML snippet for an HTTP REST
call or as a bulk action so I can quickly do this for the remaining users
without having to click through the UI or all of them.

Is there a good way to do this?

Thanks,
Peter