[midPoint] Couldn't authenticate user, reason: couldn't encode password

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu Mar 9 18:20:40 CET 2017

Hello Cesar,

we would be really glad to help you.

But perhaps all the people on this list (including midPoint developers)
are /extremely/ busy. We could help you better if you would provide
basic information about your problem. Otherwise, we would have to guess,
or ask you, or whatever ... and that takes time and energy. So it is
expected that you do your part of the work, and formulate your problem
reasonably.

Here is a comprehensive instruction how to do that:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Creating+a+Bug+Report (namely
in the paragraph named "Usual Content of Bug Report").

But, in your case, perhaps the situation is not that complicated. Maybe
the content of your log file(s) - idm.log, tomcat logs etc, would be
sufficient.

You could also indicate in details how you have installed midPoint, on
what system, etc.

Hope this helps.

Pavol Mederly
Software developer