[midPoint] FW: Cluster Configuration Failing

John Cave john.cave at cogitogroup.co.nz
Tue Jul 4 02:28:06 CEST 2017

From: midPoint [mailto:midpoint-bounces at lists.evolveum.com] On Behalf Of John Cave
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:49
To: midPoint at lists.evolveum.com
Subject: [midPoint] Cluster Configuration Failing

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing<http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing>

Feedback<http://aka.ms/SafetyTipsFeedback>

We're trying to set up Midpoint in a clustered configuration. We are using Postgres as the database.

In Midpoint's config.xml I have added the following:
<taskManager>
        <clustered>true</clustered>
</taskManager>

In Tomcat's Catalina.properties I've added the following
midpoint.nodeId=server1
midpoint.jmxHostName=172.21.13.1
com.sun.management.jmxremote.port=20001

This produces the following error:
2017-06-29 10:17:11,346 [] [ClusterManagerThread] ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.cluster.NodeRegistrar): Cannot update registration of this node (name server1, oid bfbdff25-c7e2-4491-a79d-219787882b25), because it does not exist in repository. It is probably caused by cluster misconfiguration (other node rewriting the Node object?) Stopping the scheduler., reason: Object of type 'NodeType' with oid ' bfbdff25-c7e2-4491-a79d-219787882b25' was not found. (class com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.ObjectNotFoundException)

When I first start the node, the m_node table in our database seems to contain the node's information correctly. Then, about 45 seconds to a minute after the node has started, the node seems to forcibly restart itself (Displaying the welcome message once again in the logs) and the oid in the table is overwritten with a random different ID to the one mentioned in the error message, thought Midpoint still seems to expect to find the original one (which is inserted correctly before the apparent restart, and rewritten after it). This happens whether or not the other node is powered on.

Thanks,

John Cave
Cogito Group

This email, and any attachment, is confidential and also privileged. If you have received it in error, please notify me immediately and delete it from your system along with any attachments. You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.