[midPoint] Getting improper null input on attribute mapping

Rodrigo Yanis ryanis at identicum.com
Tue Jan 24 16:50:15 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

We have a database SQL connector with inbound mappings on specific
attributes that, as per business rule, cannot be null. Because of this, we
defined custom logic to trigger an error when this happen on user sync time.

Our specific circumstance is that, we're always getting prompted with this
error when the user get their attributes synced, even though the attribute
is valued on the platform. Further log research showed that, before
obtaining the *real *value on the platform, resource brings a *null* value
for this attribute. This null value is not consistent with platform data
and breaks our logic.

Mapping on the resource is defined:

> <attribute>
>     <c:ref>ri:CONTRACT_DATE</c:ref>
>     <inbound>
>        <expression>
>           <script>
>              <code>
>               log.debug("Attibute customDate value: {}",  input);
>              </code>
>           </script>
>        </expression>
>        <target>
>           <c:path>$focus/extension/customDate</c:path>
>        </target>
>     </inbound>
> </attribute>

In execution time, log entries look like this:

   1. Attibute customDate value: null
   2. Attibute customDate value: 2017-12-12 16:20:00

Do you know of any possible way to detect this ghost null values and filter
them on resource logic?

Thanks

*Rodrigo Yanis.*
Identicum S.A.