[midPoint] Groovy and Apache commons

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Jan 16 10:33:23 CET 2017

Hi,

Apache commons lang should be already available. We are using that
almost everywhere. So just import the classes in your script. Other
Apache Common libraries are sometimes used. But generally we try to keep
dependencies to the minimum.

If the library that you wan is not included then there is no extra
mechanism in midPoint to include extra library. You have to use the
methods provided by the usual development environment. I see two
custom midPoint build with that library included.

However, a word of warning: adding new dependency to an existing project
such as midPoint can be risky. This library may already be used in
midPoint or tomcat, but there may be a different version than the one
that you are trying to add. Or that library may be a dependency of some
other library used by midPoint. Your library may interfere with inner
classloaders (e.g. tomcat application classloader or connector
classloader in ConnId). Strange things may happen. Use at your own risk.
Expect the unexpected. Dependency management is one of the hardest and
ugliest parts of software development. That's the reason we try to keep
the number of dependencies down. We already have too many of them and
this not not a trivial task to manage.