[midPoint] New user's password import

Wojciech Staszewski wojciech.staszewski at diagnostyka.pl
Sat Jan 14 13:26:59 CET 2017

Hello!

I'm thinking about how to import new user's password into Midpoint.
The common way is, as I noticed, that MidPoint is generating passwords, but I want to use the way that is already working in our company.

When new user appears in HR, there's an "auto-magic" synchronization process which creates:
a) the mail account,
b) the LDAP entry for each new user.
Of course it generates also a password.  It puts the password (hashed) into a mail database and LDAP, bu I can get this password as clear text value and import it somehow into MidPoint.

I thought that I save the clear text password in some unused LDAP attribute, make inbound credentials mapping from this attribute with condition "if not empty", then remove this attribute from LDAP when the user is imported. But it's not wotking, the password is not being imported, I have null value in new user password.

In the final deployment I will remove this auto-magic-sync and let the MidPoint IDM do its job, but for testing purposes  I can not touch nor modify existing solutions.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Wojciech Staszewski