[midPoint] Possible memory leak in ExpressionFactory.cache and heavy memory allocation in general

Arnošt Starosta - AMI Praha a.s. arnost.starosta at ami.cz
Thu Dec 21 15:14:47 CET 2017

Hi all,

we can't finish a single recompute in 6GB of ram on version 3.6.2 due to a
steady demand for new memory. The recompute starts ok, but after several
hours the system becomes extremely slow and unresponsive, just waiting for
OutOfMemory error. We identified two big memory eaters.

There may be a memory leak in
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.common.expression.ExpressionFactory.cache,
there are milions of Expressions cached there, see the attached screenshot.
I can only guess this is not the desired behavior, there may a bug in
ExpressionIdentifier.hashCode() or there is no eviction?

The other extremely big chunk of memory seems to be consumed by ALL
IDENTITIES with their FULL XML DETAIL, which is the content of the
ScrollableResultSetImpl in the screenshot, after decoding several elements
from the memory dump (all starting with '<user xmlns...'). Again, I don't
know if this is a bug or a feature and if we can constraint the system to
use paging or some other mechanism to lower the memory consumption.

Thanks for any ideas how to fix or circumvent any of these problems.

Arnost Starosta

--

Arnošt Starosta
solution architect

gsm: [+420] 603 794 932 <+420%20603%20794%20932>
e-mail: arnost.starosta at ami.cz

AMI Praha a.s.
Pláničkova 11
162 00 Praha 6
tel.: [+420] 274 783 239 <+420%20274%20783%20239>
web: www.ami.cz

[image: AMI Praha a.s.]

[image: AMI Praha a.s.]
<http://www.ami.cz/reseni-a-sluzby/bezpecnost-dat/identity-management>

Textem tohoto e-mailu podepisující neslibuje uzavřít ani neuzavírá za
společnost AMI Praha a.s.
jakoukoliv smlouvu. Každá smlouva, pokud bude uzavřena, musí mít výhradně
písemnou formu.