[midPoint] Installation of midpoint 3.5 on CentOS 7 failed

Radim Jaeger rjaeger at sysnet.cz
Tue Apr 11 13:27:08 CEST 2017

Hi Ivan!

Great! It works!!!

Thank you very much.

It seems the distribution midpoint package contains at least one file
differing to file contained in war.

Radim

Od:     Ivan Noris <ivan.noris at evolveum.com>
Komu:   midpoint at lists.evolveum.com
Datum:  11.04.2017 12:49
Předmět:        Re: [midPoint] Installation of midpoint 3.5 on CentOS 7
failed
Odeslal:        "midPoint" <midpoint-bounces at lists.evolveum.com>

Hi Radim,
that's strange.
Let's see what I would do - and you can compare this to your situation:
1. download midpoint.war file or dist archive and extract midpoint.war
from there
2. copy midpoint.war to tomcat/webapps. Do not start Tomcat yet.
3. create empty /var/opt/midpoint directory writable by tomcat user
4. configure tomcat to run with -Dmidpoint.home=/var/opt/midpoint
5. start tomcat
This must work. Please note that I have just used midpoint.war file and
nothing else from the binary distribution. Midpoint will create
config.xml, default embedded H2 database in /var/opt/midpoint and several
other empty directories.