[midPoint] Authorizing access to reports

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Wed Sep 21 10:52:20 CEST 2016

Aivo, Radovan,

I don't think we have anything like that.

It could be perhaps simulated by creating a recurrent runnable task
(with the interval of zero meaning it should be triggered manually).

The task would be owned by administrator.

And users would have the rights to "run now" i.e.
/http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#runTaskImmediately/
just for this task.

But it would be perhaps a bit complicated for them, as they would need
to go to Tasks part of the GUI, find the task and run it. Maybe finding
the task would not be a big problem, if they would have authorization to
see only selected tasks, so other ones would be hidden from them.
However, this would collide with a workaround for MID-3120
<https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-3120> that you maybe use.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer