[midPoint] Additional objectClass in LDAP connector schema for user creation

Keith Hazelton keith.hazelton at wisc.edu
Tue Sep 13 14:53:41 CEST 2016

I want to add two objectclasses to user objects created by the IDM system and provisioned to OpenDJ LDAP: eduPerson and eduMember.

I see the following section in midpoint/samples/resources/opendj/opendj-localhost-resource-sync-advanced.xml

                <schema>
                                <!-- workaround to MID-2723 -->
                                <generationConstraints>
                                                <generateObjectClass>ri:inetOrgPerson</generateObjectClass>
                                                <generateObjectClass>ri:groupOfUniqueNames</generateObjectClass>
                                                <generateObjectClass>ri:groupOfNames</generateObjectClass>
                                                <generateObjectClass>ri:organizationalUnit</generateObjectClass>
                                </generationConstraints>
                </schema>

Would we add two lines to the <generationConstraints>
                                                <generateObjectClass>ri:eduPerson</generateObjectClass>
                                                <generateObjectClass>ri:eduMember</generateObjectClass>

Do we need to do something to include eduPerson and eduMember in the ri namespace, http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3

Am I on the right track?

If not, please point me in the right direction.

              Thanks in advance,    --Keith