[midPoint] Options / Dropdown for New User Properties

pdbogen at cernu.us pdbogen at cernu.us
Mon Sep 12 23:26:22 CEST 2016

Thanks!

This was extremely helpful. I do have a few comments, though:

1) I think this would have been easier to find if there was a link to it from
the 'see also' section of
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Resource+Schema

2) The syntax for the table itself as described on
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Lookup+Tables seems to have two
errors:

  1. The closing tag for the second entry in the table is missing the `/`; and
  2. The tags for each entry in the table should be 'row' rather than 'table'.

These two changes allowed me to create and import a table properly; I was not
able to do so when each entry was in `<table></table>`.

3) The rendering of a field that is restricted in this way is not perfect- it
still behaves a bit like a text field in that I can type arbitrary values into
it. It does indeed prohibit disallowed values, but I think that the user
experience would be a little nicer if it were rendered as a drop-down. This is
a very minor issue, thuogh.

4) No error is indicated when I _do_ try to provide a prohibited value. Since
the field is a text field, it seems to allow me to type an arbitrary value in
and submit it.

Thanks again!
- Patrick