[midPoint] Fw: Connector Development Guide

Keith Hazelton keith.hazelton at wisc.edu
Mon Sep 12 15:28:30 CEST 2016

Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 8:25 AM

To: midPoint General Discussion
Subject: Re: [midPoint] Connector Development Guide

Radovan,

This is very welcome news. Higher education has long needed an open source connector framework with broad support from an active community of adopters.

The Internet2 Trust and Identity in Research and Education (TIER) Initiative is evaluating midPoint as a possible reference implementation of a provisioning engine and an entity registry. We believe that by integrating an entity registry and provisioning engine with Grouper and Shibboleth we will be able to recommend and support a comprehensive, open source, standards-based identity and access management (IAM) solution. We understand that many institutions of higher education and research will already have some components of IAM infrastructure that they prefer to keep. The TIER integration strategy is designed to support hybrid architectures--as long as the legacy components can be wrapped with TIER-defined interfaces, primarily RESTful APIs and/or message-based integration points.

             With thanks,    --Keith Hazelton, Chair of the TIER Data Structures and APIs Working Group

email & jabber: keith.hazelton at wisc.edu    Sr. IT Architect