[midPoint] Valid to role assignment problem

Aivo Kuhlberg aivo.kuhlberg at rmit.ee
Mon Oct 31 15:41:34 CET 2016

I answer to my own question and the answer is yes. When the tolerance is set to false in association then all the group memberships of linked AD users which are not controlled by midPoint will we deleted. So if I have not imported all AD groups (where currently linked AD users belong) to midPoint then after setting tolerance to false and reconciliation only the membership of the imported and assigned groups will be kept.
But there is a positive side, actually even two positive results. First is that now the "Valid to" field in assignments works. There is still issue (MID-3494) when the role has approver but that is another problem.
The second positive result is that now the removing of indirect role assignment works as expected which brings it one critical step closer to implementing automatic role assignments. I think now the most troublesome issue for me is that users are not able to see easily indirect roles - it would be nice to see them (for example in different color) in "My assignments" and under profile assignments tab without needing to browse cog menu.
Regards,
Aivo

________________________________
Saatja: midPoint <midpoint-bounces at lists.evolveum.com> nimelAivo Kuhlberg <aivo.kuhlberg at rmit.ee>
Saadetud: 31. oktoober 2016 11:01
Adressaat: midPoint General Discussion
Teema: Re: [midPoint] Valid to role assignment problem

Hi Ivan,
Does association + tolerant mean I have to add <tolerant>false</tolerant> to association part in account definition in resourceSchema?

If so then what will happen all the groups which I have exluded in my current AD group import? Will this setting delete any existing members of these groups? For example when midPoint user A has AD account and this AD account has membership with AD group B but this group B is not synced to midPoint. Will this group membership deleted if tolerant is set to false?

Best Regards,
Aivo

Saatja: midPoint <midpoint-bounces at lists.evolveum.com> nimelIvan Noris <ivan.noris at evolveum.com>
Saadetud: 28. oktoober 2016 22:10
Adressaat: midpoint at lists.evolveum.com
Teema: Re: [midPoint] Valid to role assignment problem

Hi Aivo,

please check this issue: https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-3296

If it's what you are experiencing, please check how is you association + tolerant configured.

Ivan