[midPoint] - Posible JDBC driver error in Scripted SQL resource

Rodrigo Yanis ryanis at identicum.com
Tue Oct 11 21:41:11 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

We've been conducting testing cases for our Scripted SQL resource to an
Oracle 10g DB in a development environment without issues. As we started
testing the same implementation in the Customer's environment (Oracle 11g),
we've come across the following error:

Can't process shadow: null (OID:null): Generic error in connector: DB
> error: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException(Io exception: Size Data Unit (SDU)
> mismatch)->oracle.net.ns.NetException(Size Data Unit (SDU) mismatch): Can't
> process shadow: null (OID:null): Generic error in connector: DB error:
> java.sql.SQLRecoverableException(Io exception: Size Data Unit (SDU)
> mismatch)->oracle.net.ns.NetException(Size Data Unit (SDU) mismatch): Can't
> process shadow: null (OID:null): Generic error in connector: DB error:
> java.sql.SQLRecoverableException(Io exception: Size Data Unit (SDU)
> mismatch)->oracle.net.ns.NetException(Size Data Unit (SDU) mismatch): Can't
> process shadow: null (OID:null): Generic error in connector: DB error:
> java.sql.SQLRecoverableException(Io exception: Size Data Unit (SDU)
> mismatch)->oracle.net.ns.NetException(Size Data Unit (SDU) mismatch)

This happens when the resource is assigned to a user.
After doing some research, this might be related to the JDBC driver
MidPoint uses to establish the connection to Oracle.

Are you aware of any related issues? Do you know how to give treatment to
this?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

*Rodrigo Yanis.*