[midPoint] Password Inbound from Database Table

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri Oct 7 19:21:57 CEST 2016

Hi,

Maybe just a couple of clarifications:

Firstly, password is usually considered to be write-only by the ConnId
connectors. This is the default setting that we have inherited from the
Sun Microsystems. As we are quite keen about compatibility this setting
was not changed in ConnId. Connectors can override this default setting.
But only a very few connectors actually do that.

Secondly, the DatabaseTable connector is also inherited from Sun
Microsystems. The connector is old and it is well ripe for rewrite. I
would be happy to rewrite it personally. But we were not able to secure
any funding for this rewrite yet. As far as I know we have never really
tried to read passwords with this connector, so I'm not sure it is
capable of reading passwords at all. But you can check by setting TRACE
log level for org.identityconnectors.framework. That will turn on
tracing of all connector operations and they you can see if the
connector is sending password to midPoint or not.