[midPoint] Archived user

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue May 31 15:24:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

The "archived" status was meant to mean a user that is no longer active
and it is unlikely that it will be active again. E.g. users that left
the company, retired users, etc. The motivation is that there are
systems, where you cannot really delete an account without corrupting
data integrity, destroying audit trails, etc. The accounts must remain
there forever. So the corresponding users should also be in midPoint
forever to avoid problems with identifier allocation, correlation, etc.
Archived user state was meant for this purpose. The original idea was
that archived users will not be shown in any lists unless they are
explicitly requested, so even if they are there they should not
interfere with normal identity administration.

However, the implementation is not finished. Currently the archived
status should effectively mean the same thing as disabled user. But
beware. Even this functionality is only very lightly tested.