[midPoint] Synchronizing organizational structure to LDAP

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Fri May 13 15:29:30 CEST 2016

Hi,

yes that's definitely possible and we are using it in multiple projects.
It just needs to change how DN is constructed in the target resource
(flat instead of hierarchical - this is simple) and create group as
projections of Orgs instead of organizationalUnits, and associate them
with user's account.

On 05/10/2016 12:13 PM, Michal Štekláč wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I attempt to sync the organizational structure from the CSV resource
> to LDAP resource. According to the procedure in the wiki
> (https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/OrgSync+Story+Test) I
> tried to synchronize users in LDAP subtree where the organizational
> structure (users DN uid=jhrasko,ou=AAA,ou=orgs,dc=example,dc=com).
>
> It would be possible to have all users in LDAP in a subtree
> ou=people,dc=example,dc=com and organizational structures in a subtree
> ou=orgs,dc=example,dc=com? The inclusion of users into organizational
> structure would be using the attribute uniqueMember the organizational
> unit.
> dn: ou=aaa,ou=orgs,dc=example,dc=com
> uniqueMember: uid=jhrasko,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
> uniqueMember: uid=fmrkvicka,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
>
> Best regards,
> MiSo

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/