[midPoint] Troubles with Live Sync for DELETED

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon May 9 14:50:45 CEST 2016

There is nothing wrong in deleting the row from the table. The situation
will be evaluated as DELETED, but not for LiveSync + DBTable connector.
You will need reconciliation task for that.

In my case I have setup livesync for (OpenLDAP) resource to detect new
and updates accounts, and a daily reconciliation task to evaluate
DELETED situation.

As the DBTable connector fetches changes by doing SELECT and searching
for any record newer/changed after specific time, it will not get any
deleted ones.

The other way of doing this is not using DELETED situation at all,
instead mark the rows as "deleted" by some column/attribute, and process
this as update from the account. In the inbound expression of that
resource or in template you can do anything you want. For example the
activation/administrativeStatus attribute can reflect this.. or you can
pass the information to some (e.g. extension) user attribute in midPoint
and object template can assign the roles according to that...

On 05/09/2016 02:37 PM, Marco Benucci (Consulente) wrote:

> Ahhh...
> didn’t see this in the documentation, I suppose...
>
> I completely remove the row from the table, and this is not the
> correct way to use it, am I wrong?
>
> How should I detect a deleted account in the correct way?

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/