[midPoint] approve provisioning from LiveSync

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu May 5 22:55:40 CEST 2016

Hello Ramiji,

the feature you're trying to use, i.e. approving changes that were
detected by LiveSync, has not been implemented yet.

We first implemented the most common scenario: approving explicitly
requested changes (submitted via GUI, Java, SOAP or REST API).

What you need is probably not that hard to implement. What needs to be
clarified is exact expected behavior - for example, should we consider
changes detected only by LiveSync, or by reconciliation as well?

     a) If by LiveSync only: what with changes that would get lost
(somehow - it might happen for reasons internal or external to
midPoint). Normally, such changes are covered by reconciliation. If we
would forbid reconciliation, we would have to have another mechanism for
recovering such forgotten/lost changes.

     b) If by reconciliation as well: what with changes that would be
rejected? They would trigger new approval process at each reconciliation
task run.

Best regards,

Pavol