[midPoint] Sync Entitlements to Role Object with DatabaseTableConnector

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue May 3 17:48:18 CEST 2016

Hi Jason,

The DatabaseTable is one of the original Sun connectors and it is ripe
for rewrite. E.g. it has obviously originated for use with Sun IDM
(Waveset) where schema was a secondary thing and account was the only
object class. Now midPoint really relies on a good schema and we support
many object classes. The connector code is difficult to salvage. In
addition to that the code is CDDL-licensed which is quite a big
cultural, philosophical and psychological obstacle for us :-) So we do
not have any plans for any substantial development of the DatabaseTable
connector. We would like to rewrite it completely. Actually, I have even
started the rewrite some time ago
(https://github.com/Evolveum/connector-dbtable). But then the plans for
the project for which it was intended changed which means that our
priorities also changed ...

Although representation of multi-value attributes in the relational data
model is not always straightforward I think we can figure out something
when it eventually comes to the connector rewrite. In the meantime the
scripted DB connector is probably your best option.