[midPoint] Development of the REST API

Beat Rohrer beat.rohrer at zhdk.ch
Thu Mar 31 18:23:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

As I've mentioned in my previous Mail "SOAP API: WSDL File", we're
currently evaluating midPoint's APIs for use at our university. We would
prefer to use the REST API, but the documentation
(https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/REST+API) states:

"Current version of REST API is able to execute few basic operation.
Please note that it is not yet stable and it can change in the future."

Nevertheless, I've started testing the REST API and confirmed that its
current state is not ready for production: it feels more like a thin,
REST-like wrapper for SOAP. I was especially missing any useful feedback
in case of an error.

Is there a published roadmap for the further development of the REST
API? When can we expect a stable version? What features can we expect in
the release version of the REST API?

Thank you,

Beat