[midPoint] Active Directory userAccountControl modification problem

Schlehuber, Patrick schlehub at uillinois.edu
Tue Mar 22 20:11:54 CET 2016

I am wanting to modify the userAccountControl  attribute on an account  that is visible by my  AD resource. I have extended the AD schema and added the attribute, I do see this attribute populated correctly when I view an AD account. When I try to change this attribute I receive the following error:
I have tried changing the Resource definition to make this attribute, string, int, long, base64Binary all with the same result. What am I missing to make this attribute modifiable within midPoint?

ConnectorServer.exe Error: 0 : Exception :
Type: System.InvalidCastException
Message: Specified cast is not valid.
Source: FrameworkInternal
Stacktrace:
   at Org.IdentityConnectors.ActiveDirectory.CustomAttributeHandlers.UpdateDeFromCa_PasswordNeverExpires(ObjectClass oclass, UpdateType type, DirectoryEntry directoryEntry, ConnectorAttribute attribute)
                 in d:\midpoint\tgit\openicf\connectors\dotnet\ActiveDirectoryConnector\CustomAttributeHandlers.cs:line 667
   at Org.IdentityConnectors.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryUtils.UpdateADObject(ObjectClass oclass, DirectoryEntry directoryEntry, ICollection`1 attributes, UpdateType type, ActiveDirectoryConfiguration config)
                 in d:\midpoint\tgit\openicf\connectors\dotnet\ActiveDirectoryConnector\ActiveDirectoryUtils.cs:line 258
   at Org.IdentityConnectors.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryConnector.Update(UpdateType type, ObjectClass oclass, ICollection`1 attributes, OperationOptions options)
                 in d:\midpoint\tgit\openicf\connectors\dotnet\ActiveDirectoryConnector\ActiveDirectoryConnector.cs:line 1091
   at Org.IdentityConnectors.Framework.Impl.Api.Local.Operations.UpdateImpl.AddAttributeValues(ObjectClass objectClass, Uid uid, ICollection`1 valuesToAdd, OperationOptions options)
                 in c:\Users\Pavol\Documents\GitHub\ConnId\dotnet\FrameworkInternal\ApiLocalOperations.cs:line 1712
   at Org.IdentityConnectors.Framework.Impl.Api.Local.Operations.ConnectorAPIOperationRunnerProxy.Invoke(Object proxy, MethodInfo method, Object[] args)
                 in c:\Users\Pavol\Documents\GitHub\ConnId\dotnet\FrameworkInternal\ApiLocalOperations.cs:line 247
   at ___proxy1.AddAttributeValues(ObjectClass , Uid , ICollection`1 , OperationOptions )
   at Org.IdentityConnectors.Framework.Impl.Api.DelegatingTimeoutProxy.Invoke(Object proxy, MethodInfo method, Object[] args)
                 in c:\Users\Pavol\Documents\GitHub\ConnId\dotnet\FrameworkInternal\Api.cs:line 1344
   at ___proxy1.AddAttributeValues(ObjectClass , Uid , ICollection`1 , OperationOptions )
   at Org.IdentityConnectors.Framework.Impl.Server.ConnectionProcessor.ProcessOperationRequest(OperationRequest request)
                 in c:\Users\Pavol\Documents\GitHub\ConnId\dotnet\FrameworkInternal\Server.cs:line 626

Thank you,
Pat