[midPoint] Midpoind connect mysql DB

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Jun 6 09:24:22 CEST 2016

Hi Merve,

Ah, so you are trying to connect midPoint to existing application
(redmine) with the DBTable connector, right?
This could work, if:

1) the existing application is using only one table
2) if you have created technical user to connect using the connector (as
Test connection works for you, you have at least some permissions)
3) the localhost-dbtable-advanced-sync.xml is a sample for the database
table with fixed columns as created in the *.sql file(s) in the
samples/resources/databasetable directory. So you need to modify your
schema handling to use correct attributes for your application database
table, not for our samples.

Specifically it seems that your database has no "enable/disable" status
attribute. In our sample, we have two configuration elements for
enable/disable:

1) capabilities: defines which database table attribute is used for
enable/disable. In our samples it's attribute/column named "disabled".
If your database table has different column for this, it must be defined
here or removed the section if your db does not support it.
                <capabilities
xmlns:cap="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/capabilities-3">
                        <configured>
                                <cap:activation>
                                        <cap:status>

<cap:attribute>*ri:disabled*</cap:attribute>

<cap:enableValue></cap:enableValue>

<cap:enableValue>false</cap:enableValue>

<cap:disableValue>true</cap:disableValue>
                                        </cap:status>
                                </cap:activation>
                        </configured>
                </capabilities>

2) activation/administrativeStatus mapping: defines how enable/disable
in midPoint goes to the databasetable (outbound) or vice versa
(inbound). If your db table does not support this, remove/comment this
mapping:

                                <activation>
                                        <administrativeStatus>
                                                <outbound/>