[midPoint] Template - Build fullname only when changing givenName or familyName

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri Jul 29 09:52:20 CEST 2016

Hi,

MidPoint version is important in this case. There was a bug that
impacted normal mappings in object templates in midPoint versions prior
to 3.4. This is from midPoint 3.4 release notes:

"*Object template and assignment focus mappings with normal strength*
were fixed. Due to a bug in the code in previous midPoint versions these
mappings behaved in a way which was very similar to strong mappings. In
midPoint 3.4 these mappings behave as they should. However, this may
break previous configurations that relied on the wrong behavior,
especially when it comes to multi-value items such as assignments. The
solution would be to change strength of these mappings to /strong/."

Also, midPoint currently evaluated all the mappings for all the changes.
However some results are discarded later when we "consolidate" the
values. So, you may see expressions evaluation in the logs even if the
source was not changed. But the result of the expression should be
discarded later and they should not appear in the final delta.
Obviously, this can be optimized: https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-3297