[midPoint] SSO, passwords, and end users

Florin. Stingaciu fstingaciu at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 18 19:56:18 CEST 2016

> Yes. If you set up authorizations in a proper way then the GUI should
> adapt.

I'll try looking into this, however I'm not really sure how to set GUI
authorization rules for the midPoint repository. Also, I'd only wanna hide
these two resources for the GUI credentials page only.

> But easier way would be to set up fixed (strong) mappings for password
> propagation and completely disallow account changes.

I agree, however currently we don't story any passwords in the midPoint
repository as per the security standards of this department. So
unfortunately this is not an option for us.

Thanks for the thorough explanation. In the near future, I'll attempt to
craft a feature request for this particular issue.

As an alternative to this whole situation, we've built a separate custom
web component that directly edits the LDAP attribute for a particular user.
It would be ideal to integrate this web component directly in midPoint. Are
there any instructions (besides just hacking it) on how to add a custom web
component to midPoint such that it respects authentication and such?

Thanks,
-F