[midPoint] CSV connector - reading passwords for new users

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Tue Jan 19 14:11:24 CET 2016

Hi Devin,

please check if it could be https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-2405
that you are hitting.

Also: are you using the sample for bi-directional provisioning? I.e. do
you have mapping for credentials both inbound and outbound? If you are
importing accounts to midPoint and never back to CSV, you should only
have inbound mappings.

On 11/20/2015 09:49 PM, Devin Rosenbauer wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I'm attempting to set up and modify another of the sample connectors.
> Specifically, I would like to use one of the samples/resources/csvfile
> connectors to read new users (not assignments) out of a CSV file. I
> imported the sample file
> *localhost-csvfile-resource-advanced-sync-2.xml* and created a CSV
> file that looks like this:
>
> "id","firstname","lastname","description","disabled","password","testfield"
> "test12",Test,User1,"Test User","false","secret","something"
>
> Midpoint scans the schema, as appropriate, and identifies that one
> user in the file. You can see, in the UI, all of the fields associated
> with that account, with the exception of the password. When I attempt
> to do "Import Account" in the UI to pull it in as a user (or on the
> resource screen, "Import accounts"), I get the following error message:
>
> Failed to import:
> com.evolveum.midpoint.model.api.PolicyViolationException: Provided
> password does not satisfy password policies. Required minimal size (5)
> of password is not met (password length: 4)
>
> As far as I can tell, the imported password is simply blank. If I
> click on the account and view "Account details", the password shows up
> only when I select "show empty fields". However, in that case,
> shouldn't the <generate/> tag under <credentials> tell Midpoint to
> just create a policy-satisfying password for that user?
>
> --
> Devin Rosenbauer
> Principal Consultant
> Identity Works LLC
> +1 585 210 3201

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/