[midPoint] Midpoint 3.3 and OpenLDAP

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Jan 7 17:50:10 CET 2016

On 01/07/2016 02:39 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> ... Which tells the ldap api to load these classes. Later, when
> midpoint fires up and also loads the apache ldap api into its
> classloader has the same system properties but yet cannot find the
> impl classes on its classloader. We could work around this issue by

Yes, that really seems to be the case. It looks like this is a
bug/feature of Apache Directory API. Or perhaps the root cause is your
use of system property to initialize the API. That property tells *all*
instances of the directory API to initialize with the accelerator
classes, but the classes are not available to all instances.

Bundling the accelerator classes with midPoint or the LDAP connector
should do it. But it is a hack, not really a clean solution.

Maybe the clean solution would be to avoid use of system property and
initialize only your instance of the API programaticaly from when you
instantiate it in the Fortress core?