[midPoint] Live Sync on AD LDAP Connector

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Jan 4 12:11:41 CET 2016

Hi Samu,

AD Livesync with LDAP connector is supposed to work and it indeed works
in my tests. Here's the setup on midPoint side:

https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/tree/master/testing/conntest/src/test/resources/ad-ldap

I have documented the entire setup in this wiki page:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Active+Directory+with+LDAP+connector

However, I'm not really sure what are exactly the access rights and
setup to be done on the AD side.

Perhaps the best steps for you are to enable trace on ConnId framework
and LDAP connector. Set up logging like this:

org.identityconnectors.framework: TRACE
com.evolveum.polygon.connector.ldap: TRACE

The midPoint logfiles should tell you what exactly is going on and why
are you not getting any synchronization events. You should see
invocation of ConnId sync() method, then LDAP connector detecting the
change, invocation of ConnId handle() method for each change and then
midPoint provisioning and model (notifyChange() method) processing the
change.

However, please be warned: if the problem is on the AD side then all you
usually get is "unwilling to perform" error and I have found no
practical way how to figure out what is going on on the AD side. AD
logfiles are mostly useless. So good old guessing and trial and error is
often the only way ...