[midPoint] Synchronization of accounts created in midpoint

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Feb 11 22:16:59 CET 2016

Hi Cameron,

not sure if I understand. But if I had many users in midPoint and wished
to provision them to LDAP, probably I'd do something like this:

- create role with construction to create account on LDAP
- create user template which will assign the role to provision account
to LDAP server. Alternatively you can assign just the account (if you
can't create role)
  - the mapping in the user template can have condition if you don't
want to assign the role to all users
- set the user template as global in System Configuration
- go to Server Tasks and create Recomputation task and let it run for
all UserType objects (clickable/selectable in the task GUI)

This should process all the users in midPoint and provision LDAP
accounts for them by automatic assignment of the role in the user template.
Of course you need to set at least the mandatory attributes in LDAP
resource schema handling (outbound).

On 02/11/2016 09:21 PM, Cameron Miller wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I’ve got a heap of accounts that have been created in midPoint and
> need to sync them to an LDAP server. Adding projections or resource
> account assignments to the accounts doesn’t seem to work – although I
> don’t have inbound/outbound mappings set up. Is it possible to do this
> or do the accounts need to be created in LDAP first.
>

> Regards,
>

> Cameron Miller
>

> /This email, and any attachment, is confidential and also privileged.
> If you have received it in error, please notify me immediately and
> delete it from your system along with any attachments. You should not
> copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
> person. /

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/