[midPoint] Role assignment in object template vs. explicit assignment

Pertti Kellomäki pertti.kellomaki at datactica.fi
Thu Dec 22 12:33:16 CET 2016

Hi,

I have a role that creates an ou in ldap when assigned to an
organizational unit in midPoint. Ldap ou creation works if I first
create the midPoint organizational unit, and then assign the role to it.
However, if I move the role assignment to an object template used when
importing organizational units from another resource, the role is
assigned to the midPoint organizational unit, but no ldap ou is
created.  The ldap ou is created if I edit the organizational unit and
explicitly ask for reconciliation.

What is the correct way to ensure that the ldap ou is created when an
object is imported? Should I have a reconciliation task that
periodically keeps the ldap resource up to date? Or is there something I
could do in the object template?

Thanks, Pertti