[midPoint] Provisioning a demo/sample application

Aaron Hiniker hindog at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:29:04 CET 2016

Hi,

I have OpenDJ running and midpoint running on a mysql store and now I want
to configure a sample application.  I see many different configuration
files included in the distribution, but it’s very confusing to understand
what exactly I need to do and which ones to include.  For example, there is
ldap-deeply-hierarchal folder with 3 config files.  I tried to import those
files, along with some of the configs from the common folder and when I try
to assign a user to the “Org Metarule”, I get this error:

Unsatisfied strict dependency of account Discr(RSD(entitlement (group)
@10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000003)) dependent on Discr(RSD(generic (ou)
@10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000003)): Account not provisioned

I don’t know how to decipher what the problem is,  “Account not
provisioned” isn’t helpful to me since I have no idea WHY it’s not
provisioned.  Is there a documentation page that would walk me through how
to spin up a nested org/group demo from soup-to-nuts that doesn’t require
me to know every detail of the individual configuration objects/steps
involved?

Thanks,

Aaron