[midPoint] Correlation filter clause error

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu Dec 8 13:59:38 CET 2016

Thanks.

I've hopefully fixed in on master (3.5-snapshot) branch. You can test it
if you like. If there would be any problem, please just re-open MID-3586
<https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-3586>.

Concerning Resource Wizard in general: There are some known bugs and
enhancements requests logged
<https://jira.evolveum.com/issues/?jql=summary%20%7E%20%22RW%22%20and%20status%3DOpen>.
Please use it with care, for example beware that it (theoretically)
could corrupt parts of your resource definition when making changes into
it. That's why there's also a read-only mode that can be useful for
browsing the definitions, mappings, and so on, in a semi-visual way. Or
for generating a DOT (GraphViz) visualization of resource mappings.

Overall, we at Evolveum prefer to edit resources via XML (and also
JSON/YAML since 3.5); possibly with the help of some intelligent,
schema-aware XML editor. Or even using the Eclipse plugin
<https://evolveum.com/blog/midpoint-development-tools-for-eclipse/>
(although it is also a bit experimental for now).

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com

On 08.12.2016 8:13, Wojciech Staszewski wrote:
> 3.4.1
>
> Dnia czwartek, 8 grudnia 2016 00:05:30 CET Pavol Mederly pisze:
>> Hello Wojciech,
>>
>> thank you for pointing to this. Just by the way, which version of
>> midPoint do you use? I don't quite remember but I think that in 3.4 the
>> resource wizard was relatively well working.
>>
>> We are a few days before 3.5 release, having quite a lot of bugs to fix
>> and, to be honest, Resource Wizard is not a component that is endorsed
>> by our subscribers. Therefore it gets "best effort"-style attention.
>> However, tomorrow I'll try to have a look at this problem. It doesn't
>> seem to be much complicated.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pavol Mederly
>> Software developer
>> evolveum.com
>>
>> On 07.12.2016 21:32, Wojciech Staszewski wrote:
>>> Hello again,
>>>
>>> Everytime I try to create new synchronization correlation, or even update existing rule I must do it by editing XML source
>>> because the Wizard displays error:
>>> "Could not create MaxXNode from provided XML filterClause. Please enter correct expression. Reason: {0}"
>>>
>>> Even these imported from Evolveum example resources.
>>>
>>> Log (first two lines):
>>> 2016-12-07 21:27:35,554 [] [https-openssl-apr-443-exec-50] ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.web.component.input.SearchFilterPanel): Could not create MapXNode from provided XML filterClause..