[midPoint] [midpoint] Active/Active Configuration

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue Aug 30 20:17:19 CEST 2016

Florin,

this is really interesting. The exception of

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The
last packet successfully received from the server was 64,841,997
milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was
64,841,998 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured value
of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing
connection validity before use in your application, increasing the
server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J
connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.

occurs in the context of Quartz scheduler, where the data source that
checks connection validity is used!

When you start midPoint there should be messages like these:

2016-08-30 20:14:31,388 [] [RMI TCP Connection(5)-127.0.0.1] INFO
(com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.Initializer): Task Manager:
Quartz Job Store: JDBC, NOT clustered. Threads: 10
2016-08-30 20:14:31,388 [] [RMI TCP Connection(5)-127.0.0.1] INFO
(com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.TaskManagerConfiguration): Quartz
database is at jdbc:postgresql://localhost/midpoint (a JDBC URL)

In your case there should be a reference to the data source. Could you
please verify it is OK, and perhaps paste relevant lines here?

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com