[midPoint] - Issue assigning resource to user (Active Directory - LDAP)

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue Aug 30 17:35:55 CEST 2016

Hi Rodrigo,

Actually, I do not see any base DN specification. What you specify there
is a DN for new entries. It is not base DN. Base DN is used by LDAP
searches as a starting point for the search: a node in the DIT tree to
search from. However, I do not think that your problem is related to
base DN. It looks like a plain and simple error indicating that the LDAP
connector haven't found an entry that it was looking for. This may be
caused by a number of things. Maybe midPoint haven't created the entry.
Maybe it was created and later deleted. It is almost impossible to tell
from that single error message.

What you should do is try to troubleshoot the operation. I have just
expanded our troubleshooting guide. That should lead you through the
troubleshooting process that we usually use:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Troubleshooting+Mappings

Look especially at the "Provisioning Branch" section. I suspect that you
will find your issue there.