[midPoint] BulkAction Task - Out Of Memory Error

Martin Marchese mmarchese at identicum.com
Mon Aug 29 22:04:56 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I have 10 bulk action tasks in order to recompute all users based on a
substring filter. Each task has the following filter:

<s:search>
<s:type>c:UserType</s:type>
<s:searchFilter>
<q:substring>
<q:matching>polyStringNorm</q:matching>
<q:path>c:name</q:path>
<q:value>0</q:value>
<q:anchorEnd>true</q:anchorEnd>
</q:substring>
</s:searchFilter>
<s:action>

<s:type>recompute</s:type>

</s:action>
</s:search>

With the value changing from 0 (within the first task) to 9 (on task # 10),
so we can run then one at a time.
Even though all of them are suspended, once I try to list tasks thru the
GUI, MidPoint stops responding and checking the logs I saw an *Out Of
Memory: Java Heap Size limit* error.

The total users count is aprox. 400k.

Is this the best way to recompute all the users? Which will be the best way
to do this based on the large amount of users we have?

Thanks in advance

*Ing. Martín Marchese*
Identicum S.A.
Jorge Newbery 3226