[midPoint] Deployment issues

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu Aug 25 18:02:06 CEST 2016

This is memory that is available to Java applications running in Java
Virtual Machine (basically, a process in operating system).

It is adjusted using -X switches when starting Java. For example,

-Xms512m -Xmx4096m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m

(as recently Jason suggested to Matt)

For Tomcat, this is set via environment variable CATALINA_OPTS in
bin/setenv.sh file. See http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Memory#Q1.

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com