[midPoint] Multiple Approvers

Florin. Stingaciu fstingaciu at mirantis.com
Mon Aug 15 22:38:17 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm currently trying to set up a role such that it has multiple approvers
in a firstDecides strategy. Everything works just fine when I directly edit
the role object via the configuration tab (in browser editor).

I'm actually trying to automate this process such that my admins can just
call a tool from cmd line. Something like:

midpoint_client -group _name_ -approvers _list_ -strategy _strategy_

So far I've written a python client interfacing with midPoint via the REST
API. If I'm adding a brand new approval workflow there's no problem,
however if I have to modify or delete these programmatically, I can't. This
is due to the fact that <level> under approvalSchema doesn't contain an ID.
For example this is my item delta:

        <itemDelta>
                <t:modificationType>delete</t:modificationType>
                <t:path>c:approvalSchema/level/approverRef</t:path>
                <value oid="358a2151-f85d-4d92-8145-e8228aa4faa6"
type="c:UserType"></value>
        </itemDelta>

I'm wondering if there's any plan to expose approvalSchema operations
directly in the GUI any time soon. Also any suggestions on getting around
this programmatically (while still continuing to use the REST API) would be
very appreciated.

Thanks,
-F