[midPoint] openLDAP configuration for midPoint: failing on https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/OpenLDAP+Installation+and+Configuration

Keith Hazelton keith.hazelton at wisc.edu
Sat Aug 13 02:05:22 CEST 2016

I’m following the steps on installing and configuring OpenLDAP for use with midPoint that are provided at https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/OpenLDAP+Installation+and+Configuration
I used yum to install OpenLDAP.
At the “Setting up Overlays” step I get an error trying to add modules:

midpoint#>./slapdconf add-module sssvlv
Cannot find module configuration entry (olcModuleList) at ./slapdconf line 844, <DATA> line 747.
at ./slapdconf line 107, <DATA> line 747.
     main::__ANON__('Cannot find module configuration entry (olcModuleList) at ./s...') called at ./slapdconf line 844
      main::addModule() called at ./slapdconf line 150

It’s clear enough that there is no entry under cn=config for olcModuleList so it seems my install of OpenLDAP has no support for dynamic modules
OpenLDAP 2.4 admin documentation includes the following
5.2.2. cn=module:  If support for dynamically loaded modules was enabled when configuring slapd, cn=module entries may be used to specify sets of modules to load.
Did I miss a configurations step that would have enabled dynamically loaded modules?
         Thanks in advance for any help,   --Keith Hazelton (hazelton at wisc.edu)