[midPoint] Problem with role with manager approval

Aivo Kuhlberg aivo.kuhlberg at rmit.ee
Fri Aug 12 13:00:58 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to test (in MP 3.4) the situation where user requests a role which requires user's organization manager approval but so far have not succeded.
I created following role (based on Sensitive Role 3 example here: https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Some+examples )

<role xmlns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3">
    <name>testrole-needsmanagerapproval</name>
    <requestable>true</requestable>
    <approverExpression>
        <description>Get user's managers (except the user itself)</description>
        <script>
            <code>midpoint.getManagersOidsExceptUser(object)</code>
        </script>
    </approverExpression>
</role>

I have created users testuser and testmanager and added both to the organization testorg as members and also testmanager as manager.
I added role Approver to testmanager.
Now when I request the role "testrole-needsmanagerapproval" for user testuser the role gets automatically assigned without manager approval. Seems that the getManagersOidsExceptUser function does not find any manager for that user and therefore approves automatically this role. Why it is so?

Best regards,

Aivo Kuhlberg