[midPoint] Assigned AD group does not reappear when 1 of 2 groups is deleted from AD user

Aivo Kuhlberg aivo.kuhlberg at rmit.ee
Wed Apr 27 13:33:12 CEST 2016

I noticed today strange behavior about midPoint role reassignment. I have set up AD sync and imported users and also groups as roles. I am testing user who have AD resource assignment in midPoint and also 2 AD-group-based role assignments.
At first I remove in AD one of the assigned role-based groups from user, but not both groups. Then I run recomputation task in midPoint.
Result: previously deleted group does not appear again to AD user
If I remove both groups in AD then after recomputation both groups appear again in AD user
Is this a bug or I am missing something?

I use midPoint 3.3.1 with AD connector

Thanks,

Aivo Kuhlberg