[midPoint] Locked user

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Tue Apr 19 11:06:54 CEST 2016

Hi Aivo,

I believe the user will be automatically unlocked in (fixed) 15 or 30
minutes if I remember correctly. Not sure where this is defined.

However, the security policy regarding user locking has been
significantly enhanced in upcoming 3.4 release, (current master) where
you can define your own policy and refer to it in System Configuration.
Admin can also unlock user manually (I tested this a few days ago, e.g.
https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-2606). Current state
(Normal/Locked) is displayed.

The default security policy is included with midpoint, see
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/gui/admin-gui/src/main/resources/initial-objects/120-security-policy.xml

On 04/19/2016 10:49 AM, Aivo Kuhlberg wrote:

> When user types his/her password wrong 3 times then there appears
> message "User is locked, please wait." What does that message mean?
> Will the user be automatically unlocked after some period or does
> admin user has to unlock the user?
> Another question is where can admin user see if the user is locked or
> not? Is there possible to change lockout settings (number of tries
> after account locks or use captcha after number of wrong tries)
> I am using midPoint 3.3.1
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aivo Kuhlberg

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/