[midPoint] Problem creating new users with their role assignments

Shawn McKinney smckinney at symas.com
Wed Apr 6 16:47:41 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am following this story:
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/tree/master/testing/story/src/test/resources/unix

and have managed to get the OpenLDAP resource, unix user and ldap group (metarole) working.  My problem is when I create a new user.  I can create and add an OpenLDAP projection at same time and everything works as expected with user being added to both midpoint database and openldap.  But when I try to also assign either the unix user &/or ldap group ‘roles’ at same time, I get this error in the console when I save:

Warning: Property for 'pageFocus.message.cantCreateFocus' not found]
operation.com.evolveum.midpoint.web.page.admin.PageAdminFocus.save
Cause: No prism context in ObjectDelta(ShadowType:null,ADD: object:null(null))

I also noticed the following in IDM.log:

2016-04-06 14:44:50,965 [] [http-nio-8080-exec-6] ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.web.page.admin.PageAdminFocus): Create user failed, reason: No prism context in ObjectDelta(ShadowType:null,ADD: object:null(null)) (class java.lang.IllegalStateException)

Is this type of combined user create operation supported, and if so what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Shawn