[midPoint] REST interface question

Petr Gašparík petr at gasparik.cz
Thu Sep 3 07:40:13 CEST 2015

Hi Brad,
It is well described here:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/15859795

Basically, you need to create role, that grants Service authorization - as
opposite to GUI authorization used in End User Role. Rest of role
declaration is the same.

Our you can extend End User Role with, Service Authorization, if users can
already change password via GUI (or whatever you want them to grant via
REST)

Regards, Petr

Dne st 2. 9. 2015 23:20 uživatel Brad Fardig <brad.fardig at cogitogroup.com.au>
napsal:

> Is it possible to add the equivalent of the “End User” role to the REST
> interface to allow authenticated end users to read and update their record
> within midPoint, including password resets?
>

> I’ve had a look around through the doco on the wiki but I can’t find any
> information on configuring/modifying security for the REST interface, if
> anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Kind regards,
>

> *Brad *
>

> *This email, and any attachment, is confidential and also privileged. If
> you have received it in error, please notify me immediately and delete it
> from your system along with any attachments. You should not copy or use it
> for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. *

Petr G.