[midPoint] Mail notifications as Server Task

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Wed Oct 14 12:40:18 CEST 2015

I see. So, these should be - in fact - periodically generated reports,
sent via mail?

It is not implemented in the current version of midPoint.
The exact implementation would depend on various factors.

For example, in case of password expiration notifications, it could be
advantageous to create a new type of event ("your password is about to
expire"), and use existing notification mechanism to deliver it.

In case of daily/weekly/monthly reports, maybe a direct code for mail
delivery could be inserted into reporting module... And there would be a
periodic reporting task that would simply create the report PLUS deliver
it via mail. But, this could work only if there would not be necessary
to create e.g. hundreds of reports (for each user / org unit manager /
etc). In that case, the report generation would need to be parameterized
somehow.

Pavol

> Hi Pavol,
> thanks for answer!
> These notifications I want to use mainly for two things:
> 1) Notify users about password expiration (I know, how to calculate
> pwd expiration date)
> 2) Send to users daily/weekly/monthly generated reports about IdM
> Thanks!
> Regards
>
> Roman Pudil
> solution architect
>
> gsm: [+420] 775 663 666
> e-mail:roman.pudil at ami.cz <mailto:roman.pudil at ami.cz>
>

> AMI Praha a.s.
> Pláničkova 11
> 162 00 Praha 6
> tel./fax: [+420] 274 783 239
> web:www.ami.cz <http://www.ami.cz/>
>

> <http://www.ami.cz/reseni-a-sluzby/bezpecnost-dat/identity-management>
>
> Textem tohoto e-mailu podepisující neslibuje uzavřít ani neuzavírá za
> společnost AMI Praha a.s.
> jakoukoliv smlouvu. Každá smlouva, pokud bude uzavřena, musí mít
> výhradně písemnou formu.

>>> tel./fax: [+420] 274 783 239