[midPoint] CSV connector - reading passwords for new users

Devin Rosenbauer devin at identityworksllc.com
Fri Nov 20 21:49:31 CET 2015

Good afternoon,

I'm attempting to set up and modify another of the sample connectors.
Specifically, I would like to use one of the samples/resources/csvfile
connectors to read new users (not assignments) out of a CSV file. I
imported the sample file *localhost-csvfile-resource-advanced-sync-2.xml*
and created a CSV file that looks like this:

"id","firstname","lastname","description","disabled","password","testfield"
"test12",Test,User1,"Test User","false","secret","something"

Midpoint scans the schema, as appropriate, and identifies that one user in
the file. You can see, in the UI, all of the fields associated with that
account, with the exception of the password. When I attempt to do "Import
Account" in the UI to pull it in as a user (or on the resource screen,
"Import accounts"), I get the following error message:

Failed to import: com.evolveum.midpoint.model.api.PolicyViolationException:
Provided password does not satisfy password policies. Required minimal size
(5) of password is not met (password length: 4)

As far as I can tell, the imported password is simply blank. If I click on
the account and view "Account details", the password shows up only when I
select "show empty fields". However, in that case, shouldn't the
<generate/> tag under <credentials> tell Midpoint to just create a
policy-satisfying password for that user?

--
Devin Rosenbauer
Principal Consultant