[midPoint] One connector for separate accounts on many Unix systems

Devin Rosenbauer devin at identityworksllc.com
Thu Nov 19 19:17:06 CET 2015

Is it possible to define a complex configuration type for a connector's
connection-configuration info? Or is that restricted to strings and other
simple types? If so, it would be easy enough to create a nested connection
info like this:

<s:hosts>
<s:host name="whatever1">
<s:details/>
</s:host>
<s:host name="whatever2">
<s:details/>
</s:host>
</s:hosts>

And have the connector decide up which host info to use at an ICF level.

Problem then, of course, is that you're passing around dozens of
credentials with every connector call.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Radovan Semancik <
radovan.semancik at evolveum.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No, currently there is no easy way to do this. But you are not the first
> one to request this and such a feature is planned. All that is needed is
> that some midPoint subscriber/contributor/sponzor explicitly requests it so
> the priority of this feature is increased.
>
> --
> Radovan Semancik
> Software Architectevolveum.com
>

> On 11/19/2015 07:00 PM, Devin Rosenbauer wrote:
>
> I'm curious if there's a clean way to do this in Midpoint. I have some
> ideas but don't want to reinvent the wheel if this sort of thing already
> exists.
>
> I've got a demo setup with ten different Unix systems which are
> authenticated locally. I would like to be able to provision an identical
> account to any / all of this Unix systems without creating ten identical
> connectors, replicating configuration, etc. That's just asking for
> misconfiguration disasters down the line.
>
> Is there a good Midpoint-y way to do this? Is there a good way to store
> the admin credentials separately for each of the ten hosts without making
> separate connectors?
>
> --
> Devin Rosenbauer
> Principal Consultant